MAtchUP will design innovative business models and financial mechanisms to foster the implementation of smart city solutions.
The business ecosystem will be a major target of MAtchUP. Several innovative business models with a focus on replication will be developed and validated involving all stakeholders and partners.
A number of innovative business models have been already identified, such as 50/50 programme, prosumer and aggregators energy co-operatives, smart city hackathons for local economy development, flexible tariffs to allow the improvement of the usage of the public transport, balance of solar energy production and storage, and smart lighting with cost reduction based on ambient lighting. Recommendations will be made to the public authorities in order to overcome at least part of the main legal barriers that are currently constraining all the potential city progress.
This solution in ValenciaExplore city >
- 50/50 Programmes
- Social and local entrepreneurship program
- Promote business opportunities for district inhabitants
- Shared private-public investment models for sustainable energy consumption and circular economy
- Prosumer Energy Cooperatives
- District refurbishment local investment fund (financial instrument)
This solution in DresdenExplore city >
- Business model for charging stations
- Energy efficient design of the real estate
- Smart City Crunching